- Remind children not to post anything online without your permission e.g. family pictures,
email address, phone numbers, and videos.
- Remind them information posted online cannot be removed, it is there permanently.
- Keep your privacy settings as high as possible.
- Never give out your passwords.
- Don’t befriend people you don’t know.
- Don’t meet up with people you’ve met online. Speak to your parent or care-giver about people suggesting you do.
- Teach them about online predators. Remember that not everyone online is who they say they are.
- If you see something online that makes you feel uncomfortable, unsafe or worried, leave the website, turn off your computer and tell a trusted adult immediately.
- Set house rules. Decide how much time you are comfortable with your children being online and which sites they may go to.
- Parents know what your children are always doing. Supervise! Supervise! Supervise!