Every day a child is either seriously hurt or dies from a television tipping over. Every day more and more children are seen in an emergency because of a TV tip-overs.
We can help keep our children safe from tipping TV’s and other furniture when we:
- Securely mount flat -panel TVs to the wall with studs and ensure that the panel can handle the weight of the TV.
- Recycle old TVs, arrange to have a charity organization pick it up once you have decided that it is no longer needed.
- Keep heavier items lower to the ground to avoid a child from climbing to reach for an item.
- If your TV sits on a stand, make sure it is sturdy enough to hold the weight. Secure the TV to the stand and the stand to the wall.
- Keep remote controls, toys, and other items that might attract children off TV stands or furniture.
Always Supervise your children!